Wednesday 17 June 2015


Hi everyone, I made this cute little card for my dad as fathers day is coming up, I hope you enjoy seeing how I created it.

 Firstly I cut a piece of white card stock at 4 1/4 inches by 8 1/2 inches and scored it at 4 1/4 inches.
I also cut a piece of watercolour paper at 4 inches by 4 inches.
I then took the 'Bear hugs' stamp set by Mama Elephant and placed my selected bears and sentiments on the watercolour paper where I wanted them to be, once I had done that I pressed my Fiskars stamp press down onto the clear stamps to pick them up in their desired lay out.
 Using Versamark ink, I inked up just the sentiment stamps and pressed it down onto the watercolour paper. I then sprinkled it with white embossing powder and heat set it with my my heat tool.
 Using 'Vintage photo' Distress ink, I then inked up the bears stamp and stamped it onto the watercolour paper.
 I took my ink pad and pressed it onto my heatproof mat and used a damp fine tipped paintbrush to pick up the ink.
I then coloured in both the bears, adding extra ink layers to create shadows making the image look more 3D.
Once I was happy with how the image looked, I then stamped the bear image onto some masking paper in Versafine black onyx ink and cut around the image with my scissors.
I placed the masked piece over the coloured image and then added a strip of masking tape along the bottom of the watercolour paper to cover the area I wanted to be the ground.
I then used my blending tool with 3 colours of distress inks to create the night sky, I started by blending the seedless preserves from the bottom upwards, I then brought in faded jeans in the middle and black soot from the top, adding more of each colour until I was happy with it.
 I then added some masking tape to the bottom of the night sky area and removed the tape from the bottom of the watercolour paper.
I then used my blending tool to add pumice stone distress ink to the bottom section, I wasn't happy with how this looked so I then blended over it with black soot distress ink. Once I was happy with how it all looked I removed all the masking and left it to dry (you could speed this up by using your heat tool).
 After it was completely dry I mounted one of the small stars onto an acrylic block and stamped them randomly onto the top section of the background using Versacolour white pigment ink. I then added white embossing powder and heat set it with my heat tool.
Some of the stars weren't quite as solid as I would have liked, so I used a white jelly roll pen to fill them in. I also then used the pen to add small dots in different sizes to make it look like a starry nights sky.
 Once I was completely happy with the look of the background, I mounted the watercolour piece onto the white card stock. Finally I added some clear wink of stella to the bears just to add a bit of shimmer.

Thanks for bearing with me, sorry it is such a long tutorial but I do like to be as clear as possible so that you can see exactly how to create a card like this, I hope to start making video tutorials in the near future :) until then I really hope you enjoy reading my posts.











2 comments:

  1. Wow Hannah, what a great tutorial, I really adore your stunning card! Thanks for sharing, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Julie! I really appreciate that :) x

      Delete